T Chambers Timber Merchants
T Chambers & Son Ltd is a family run business which started in 1952 in Devon Road, Bow, E3.
Terry, the founder, mainly dealt in reclaimed timber from demolition sites after the war. In the 60s he started to stock new timber.
Jimmy, Terry’s son, joined the company in 1975 which had then moved to the site at Leyton Road, Stratford.
Jimmy expanded the site and the product range and started to supply mainly local builders with all their timber products.
The next generation has now taken over with Jimmy’s son Tony taking the healm and moving the company to its new site at Romford Road, Forest gate.
With this larger site Tony is able to continue expanding the business.
Recently we have increased the delivery fleet with two new trucks.
Soon we have our new shop completed at the front of the yard on the Romford Road.